Friday, September 11, 2009

And...breathe out

I've completed the first week of my classes in the Catholic Studies Masters program at the University of St. Thomas, and despite a few snags, all went exceedingly well. It was evident to me in the two classes I attended this week that I am certainly in the right place.

My philosophy prof is so down to earth. She's a mother of four, and you can definitely tell that she views motherhood as her first vocation. She is extremely intelligent, but also very humble, which is a great combination in a professor.

Literature in light of Theological Aesthetics is going to be a great transition from my English Lit background into a more theologically based program. I am happy to have already gotten my feet wet with having read the first book of the Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy by Sigrid Undset in my undergrad days (It's such a great trilogy!!! I highly recommend it. Kristin reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara, a character you hate and love, especially since they are so human and remind you of yourself in their choices and struggles). Although it will be a difficult class, I am hoping that I will love it.

Tomorrow I will have my first Catholic Thought and Culture class, so I'll let you know what that and help out with the Catechetical Institute is like once I get there :D

No comments: