Monday, March 09, 2009

Through Sadness

It's been a tough past few days. I went to Scott's grandfather's funeral up in Duluth, surrounded by the friends and family of a man I met twice. However, I have experienced the love and open arms of a family that I didn't expect to recieve, and I believe that in some small way I gave at least one person a shoulder to lean on. I am really glad that I was able to make it up there with Scott and there was a lot I learned through being there. There were points when I really didn't know what I was supposed to be doing, but I think I didn't make too much of a scene (I'm glad that Scott's Deeney grandparents were there to take me under their wing during the funeral mass... I know I could have sat with the family next to Scott, but I felt really comfortable sitting right in between grandma and grandpa Deeney). It was tough to see Scott so sad, but I am glad to know that he also is comfortable to open up to me and wanted me there in his time of grieving--I'm sure someday I'll ask the same of him.

So, even though it was a sad occassion to have to go to Duluth, I enjoyed my time spent with all of Scott's family and with Scott himself. I am surrounded by such wonderful, loving people in my life!

Please continue to keep Scott, his grandfather, and the whole family in your prayers!

No comments: