Tuesday, October 12, 2010

From blessing to blessing

Though it is hard to believe, my life has continued to go through so many changes and phases through the last months.  After our wedding on June 26th, Scott and I headed for beautiful Barbados for our honeymoon.  It was certainly a trip we will never forget, and the memories of it will last a lifetime.  Next, we came home to be able to spend much time with family and friends as we grew accustomed to our new life together.  We had the unique privilege to have a couple of weeks off together after the wedding and honeymoon to make sure we were all settled in together.  Next, throughout the rest of the summer months, I set to looking for work full time.  I was seeking a full time job with benefits—it was not an easy task given the job market this summer!  However, a couple short months later I found a job as a group administrator at a public relations and marketing firm in downtown Minneapolis (a 7-minute commute from our apartment!) and I have been enjoying every day that I have been there this past month.

I am also continuing with both the Catechetical Institute and the masters in Catholic Studies, although I have cut back to only one class a semester—a schedule which should (hopefully) have me finishing my coursework at the same time that Scott is graduating from med school.

Through all of these transitions (and realizing how much my life has changed over the last three years, really, I can barely keep it all straight!) I am ever grateful for the support I have to be able to get through each transition.  This includes the support of my husband, our family and our friends.  Truly, I couldn’t do it if I didn’t have so many people encouraging me along the way.  Further, I know it is only through the grace of God that I am able to continue doing all of this and to live a balanced life. 

I am going to have limited time through these next months, but it is my goal to start writing on this blog again.  It meant a lot to me to have this outlet while I was working at Ronin what seems like a lifetime ago now.  I think it will continue to provide a forum through which I am able to continue focusing and balancing my life.  Look out world, I’m back at it!

No comments: