Sunday, July 05, 2009

Outing, MN

This past week, I was able to spend some time at a lake house (or cabin, as we like to call it in Minnesota) with my family and some friends. This is the second year we have rented this same cabin for a week, and we love it! It was a good time for all. By the end of the week, all my family (Mom, Dad, Lauren, Ellie, John Paul, and myself) were able to make the 2 1/2 hour trek up to Roosevelt Lake near Brainerd. Also able to make it were Scott, Ben, and Mike (the boys we girls are all dating) and it was a lot of fun to have them along as well.

We were able to do most everything that Minnesotan’s love doing at their cabins. We sunbathed, we spent time on the lake in boats, we went fishing, we took walks around the area.

Some highlights included:

  • Kareokeing with Scott and my mom (even though she didn’t go up and sing) on the first night at The Narrows
  • Fishing with Scott and JP for an entire day
  • Taking a walk with Scott and adopting a stray dog for a while (or rather, he adopted US)
  • Sitting around the campfire with the fam, and having Scott with his gimpy lungs get it going boy scout style
  • Spending time on the lake
  • Soaking up all the sun I could take in for the few days I was there

Mid-week I had to come back to the cities for less than 48 hours to work two days, but it worked out alright since Scott needed to make it home to move out of the frat house and get ready for his vacation in Banff, Canada, which he left for on Saturday.

Now for another short week in the office, and then off to my cousin Meghan’s wedding!

No comments: